General Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
These general terms and conditions are applicable to all transactions and relations between Alkobel BV (hereafter: “Alkobel”) with seat at Westpoort 63 – 2070 Zwijndrecht – Belgium (hereafter: “our premises”) on the one side and with the customers/buyers and visitors of the website(s) www.signalisatie.be, www.alkobel.be and www.alkobel.com (hereafter: “client”) on the other side.
1. Sales and contractual relationships with Alkobel are subject to the present terms and conditions, that replace all other conditions except in case of an explicit prior dispensation in writing. Every order implies the automatic acceptance of these terms and imply that the client forsakes to invoke his own terms and conditions. Alkobel preserves the right to make modifications to this document at any given time. The client should read through the document at any applicable instance. By visiting the web site(s) the client automatically agrees to all terms and conditions and conditions of use. The representative, employee of spouse of the client represents him and is assumed to have the necessary authority to engage in commercial activities on his behalf.
2. Unless otherwise agreed upon, the goods will be made available for the client at our premises where the delivery is assumed to have taken place. Unless otherwise agreed upon and when delivery is to be organised by Alkobel, the costs for transportation will be on the account of the client. In either case the client declares to pick up the goods at our premises or to accept delivery without delay, from the moment Alkobel has notified him of the availability of the goods. All times of delivery are approximate and cannot result in the annulment of the contract or in any indemnity. Alkobel preserves the right to perform partial deliveries which will be considered as partial sales.
3. The risks are at the charge of the client when goods leave our premises. Alkobel cannot be held responsible for any delay, loss or damage to the goods during their transport.
4. The goods are assumed to have been accepted at our premises as from the place at the client’s disposal when he himself picks up the goods. Automatically the goods are assumed to have been accepted by the client as from 48 hours after delivery. Client’s silence during this period will be considered as acceptance, without exception, and will nullify any later objection thereto.
5. Every objection, whatever the reason may be, must be addressed to Alkobel in written per registered letter within 8 days of the reception of goods. Every complaint with respect to a hidden defect should be addressed to Alkobel within 8 days of discovery of this defect and at the latest within one month after reception of goods. These terms are binding.
6. Unless otherwise agreed, all invoices are to be paid at the social seat, cash and without discount. In case a payment in terms has been agreed upon, a tardive payment of one the terms will automatically make the entire debt claimable by law and without prejudice. Payments will be put against the oldest outstanding debt and with priority to the interest on arrears and additional costs if any.
7. Prices mentioned in price offers are always indicative and by default accepted by the client. The final price will be the price applied on delivery. Alkobel reserves the right to modify prices at any moment but will apply the current rates as indicated to you on the site at the time the order was placed.
8. In case of non-payment of the invoice total on its due date, the invoice will be raised by law and without prejudice by interest on arrears and indemnity, i.e. 15,00 % of indemnity with a minimum of EUR100,00 and with interest on arrears of 1,50% per month.
9. Title to the goods shall remain vested in Alkobel and shall not pass to the client until the purchase price for the goods has been paid in full and received by Alkobel. Until title to the client passes:
– Alkobel shall have authority to retake, sell or otherwise deal with and/or dispose of all or any part of the goods;
– the client will bear the costs related to the retrieval of the goods;
– Alkobel and its agents and employees shall be entitled at any time and without the need to give notice, to enter upon any property upon which the goods or any part are stored, or upon which Alkobel reasonably believes them to be kept;
– the client shall store or mark the goods in a manner reasonably satisfactory to Alkobel indicating that title to the goods remains vested in Alkobel;
– the client shall insure the goods to their full replacement value, and arrange for Alkobel to be noted on the policy of insurance as the loss payee.
In the event of seize, moratorium or bankruptcy, protested bill of exchange, Alkobel can by law and without prejudice annul the contract and/or any current orders without indemnity will be due. The client will inform Alkobel immediately, otherwise risking indemnity to be due, of such fact or any seize by a third party. The name of the third party must be provided upon request by Alkobel.
10. It is forbidden to change the products or its parts in any way. It is also prohibited to make copies of the products or its parts or to accommodate counterfeit in any way.
1. If one of the events mentioned in article 8 takes place, Alkobel reserves the right to annul all contracts and/or current orders by sending a registered letter, that will initiate the annulment per direct and by law. When the contract is annulled or cancelled by the client, an indemnity fee of 30,00% of the total purchase amount will be due to Alkobel, which will not prevent Alkobel from claiming a higher amount if Alkobel can prove the damages incurred, exceed this amount. Any advance paid will be taken into account in the final amount to be paid.
12. In case of delivery of goods by Alkobel, the place of delivery must be accessible to lorries and/or cranes.
13. The warranty period covers 1 month, as from the date of delivery, and counts for pieces and labour, but only when the products have been returned for check-up or for repair. Alkobel doesn’t guarantee damages that are the result of non-compliance to the use specifications or maintenance instructions.
14. Disputes will only be settled according to Belgian law. In case of dispute only the Courts of Antwerp will have authority. All contracts between Alkobel and clients are assumed to have been made at the social seat of Alkobel.
15. Orders can be cancelled free of charge as long as the cancellation is sent in written tot Alkobel before the goods are shipped.
16. All prices are in EURO, exclusive VAT and exclusive transportation costs unless specifically mentioned otherwise. Transportation costs are calculated by Alkobel and are only final upon confirmation of the order.
17. Alkobel provides product information, notably with respect to its technical specifications and/or descriptive image, this however within technical limits that exist and with respect for the best standards on the market.
18. Alkobel processes orders taking stock levels into account. If an article is not available, Alkobel will inform the client in due time, i.e. within 15 work days after delivery, and will inform the client with an estimated delivery time.
19. Alkobel does everything in its power to respect the delivery times as indicated but cannot be held responsible for the consequences of late delivery, loss of package or any other consequence caused by a third party contracted to make the delivery or caused by the client, or by an Act of God. In the event where the client doesn’t receive the goods in the indicated timeframe an investigation with the carrier will be conducted. This research may take several days. In this period a reimbursement or a new delivery can be accorded.
20. The client becomes engaged to check every delivery upon receipt to discover any shortage or defect. In this event Alkobel must be informed thereof within 8 days after delivery and in written. Returned products can only be accepted for products in their original state, notably with respect to the packaging, manuals and accessories. It is advised to return the goods by registered post or by express courier and to insert a Return document (to be downloaded from the website or available upon request) to the shipment.
21. Alkobel empowers MultiSafepay to handle all electronic payments through the website and to ensure the safety of the transactions. When fraud is suspected, the transaction may be cancelled.
22. Alkobel offers a 7 days term in which the client can return goods, he is not satisfied with. In this period the goods can be returned at client’s expense. All relative invoice documents and a Return form should be inserted in this shipment. We recommend that the shipment is done by registered post and that an insurance is taken for the value of the goods. Every delivery of returned goods should be announced in advance. The term commences at the day after the day of delivery. Products that are incomplete, damaged or contaminated will be rejected, as well as personalized items. When the client invokes the right of return, Alkobel will reimburse the client in the shortest possible term. When technical check-up of goods is required this may take some time, with a maximum of 3 weeks. Reimbursements are made by wire transfer only.
23. Personal data from clients will be stored in an electronic database and will be used for order processing and for mailing commercial messages. Alkobel will treat this data discretely and will do everything possible to prevent these data of being changed, contaminated or passed to third parties. Clients can at all times, unsubscribe from newsletters.
24. The content of the Alkobel websites, catalogue and any other publication is the property of Alkobel, its co-contractors or partners. All information, content, files and software offered is protected by Belgian and international law concerning intellectual ownership and copyright. Any reproduction (total or partial), by any means and on any support, should be authorized by Alkobel in advance and in writing. Alkobel cannot give you the right to copy, display or distribute content that you do not have the intellectual rights to.
25. Alkobel cannot be held liable if a user violates rights held by a third party through his activities on the site or for any consequence of his actions thereupon causing damage to third parties. Alkobel cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to electronic systems due to visiting the Alkobel websites or for any damage due to the fact of the site being (temporarily) offline.